ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
AMERICUS, GA 31709 US
* Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
* Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
* Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
* Confirm with bank, incoming EFT payments and log such payments.
* Posting and reconciliation in accounting system of accounts.
* Creates reports to review unapplied payments to add to customer accounts.
* Reviews applications for new accounts following process for approval or denial.
* Maintain entries to track bad debt.
* Track payments and assist customers with 3rd party payment system.
* Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed
* Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
* Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
* Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
* At least two years of related experience required.
* Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.